Thursday, January 16, 2014

Friday the 13th Reboot... Found Footage??

     So I read that there will be another shot at rebooting Friday the 13th. The last remake, was, at best, forgetful. Why would this time be any different? Here's why: the rumors surrounding the reboot of Friday the 13th are that this new film will be in the "found footage" style. Um... what?
    I love the original Friday the 13th films. Out of all the slashers of the 80s, Jason Voorhees is my favorite killer, hands down, of all time. I felt that the last "reboot" was lacking what the originals had, and the was style. The newer version seemed to just be sticking to a formula devised by watching the originals, and with no skill at all, replaying them with a more "modern" spin. It was a let down for sure. So how far is Hollywood willing to go? With the success of a steadily growing amount of "found footage" films (not all bad, but not all good) why not put Jason in this style of film?! Will Jason be doing the filming, or will this be like some kind of bad creature film where we only get glimpses of the serial killer? Will we even know it's Jason?? I don't see this being a good idea in any sense. Non of the remakes have lived up to the original, Halloween (Why is Rob Zombie set to destroy the horror genre?) gave too much away, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Friday the 13th. Why won't they stop? I like my slasher movies, and I like some of the found footage movies... but I don't think they should be mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment