Thursday, July 17, 2014

Why I watch Doctor Who, and you should too!

  I was tardy to the party when it comes to Doctor Who. In fact, I just became a "Whovian" in the last couple of months. But thanks to Netflix, and some free time, I have watched every episode starting with the 9th Doctor almost all the way through the 10th Doctor. I don't know why it took me so long to get on board with Doctor Who, but once I saw that first episode, I was hooked.
  I guess what I love about the show is the feeling of being taken back in time, to when I was a child. Growing up I loved sci-fi, and watched shows like Star Trek: TNG, Deep Space 9, Voyager, Babylon 5, and Earth 2 with my parents. And at the same time, much like those shows, there is a fantastic essence of horror wrapped up in every episode of Doctor Who. Much like the creature features of long forgotten days, Doctor Who plays on a basic human fear; the fear of the unknown. The same things that thrilled people and scared them (and still do) are all right here in Doctor Who.
  While I haven't watched the classic Doctor Who yet, I plan on doing so. It may take some time, as Netflix only has selections from each of the first 8 Doctors, but those are on my list. Anyways, if you love Sci-fi and horror, this is a show not to be missed! With every episode, comes more excitement, and I can't wait to watch the next. I hope to be caught up with the show for the premiere of the 12th Doctor in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment